Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Mail

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cottnerx4

cottnerx4

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 03 December 2007 - 10:30 AM

I am gettiing an error of pop3 server not responding. My husband has disconnected the modem/wireless router and my laptop (connected currently) has not experienced any problems. This has been going on for over a week and we can't figure it out. We have not had problems connecting to the internet just sending/receiving email here are the details

Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Terri

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 seedsofchaos

seedsofchaos

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2007 - 01:27 PM

The first thing that I think of when I see this error message is that your computer isn't connecting to the POP server at all. Usually this is because your computer is not online. However if you are pulling up webpages just fine (ones other than the ones stored in your cache) then that wouldn't be the issue.

Is mail.bellsouth.net the correct incoming mail server for your email address? Also do you have a firewall program that might be blocking port 110 for any reason?

#3 cottnerx4

cottnerx4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2007 - 10:34 AM

yes it is my correct email server. This is my husbands computer and he says he just does the updates when the pop up so I don't think there is a new firewall issue. This has only been happening for about a week and we have had this provider for about 3 months. My laptop uses the same provider and modem and I am not having any problems with it. I do notice when I go to our home page on the regular pc and then go to the mail icon it only brings up my laptop mail account (I am not sure if this happened before because I never really used it) Thanks for brainstorming for me. My brother is a tech guy and I am trying to get feed back from him as well. I really dont think this is a provider issue since everything else seems to be working fine. Did I mention we are on Vista ( I just hope this is not another problem with them)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users