Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP Service Pack 2 Delayed

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 AM

Posted 13 July 2004 - 02:10 PM

Posted Image

Microsoft has stated that the greatly anticipated release of their Windows XP Service Pack 2 has been delayed.

Originally Microsoft had said they were going to release this Service Pack in June, but due to reports from beta users of the service pack, it can break already installed software residing on your machine. The delay will hopefully be used to fix these compatability issues.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 EdBee

EdBee

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 AM

Posted 19 July 2004 - 02:52 PM

I have been reading re this SP2--It is going to be huge. I saw somewhere that one could order it on CD rather than DL? Will this be free??? Do you have a link??? Thanks
EDBEE from NMUSA- RENOWNED MALWARE FIGHTER AND SWORN ENEMY OF ALL INTERNET HIJACKERS

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 AM

Posted 19 July 2004 - 07:44 PM

Downloads will definitely be free for the SP2 release. Not sure about downloads.

You can learn more here:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechn...sp2preview.mspx

#4 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 19 July 2004 - 07:51 PM

tried to edit this post...

I'm not an administrator.

Edited by phawgg, 19 July 2004 - 08:44 PM.

patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#5 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 20 July 2004 - 11:53 AM

Sp2 Is great for some. For me it worked ike a charm the second time I installed it :thumbsup: . the first time was a disaster There was a bug in the program that would not let go of your memory no matter what you tried. When it comes out for real get ready for an explosion!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users