Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pc Restarting, Antivirus Canīt Go All The Way Through

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 katia

katia

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 02 December 2007 - 06:19 PM

Hi

Iīve always been here as a guest reading and searching answers to my own problems, but now I really need someone else to help me.

I have a pentium 4, windows xp sp2, 512mb ram. My pc has been formatted less than a month now.

Last time I had some similar problems, like my computer would restart by itself, with different programs running. And anytime Iīd try to run McAfee or spy bot, itīd crash them down.
At that time I tried several anti-viruses, ran them on safe mode, but still couldnīt get clean. It was making it impossible to burn back up cds aside from safe mode. On safe mode I could get the backups but the virus had modified only my html files. I have not used my backup ever since.

This time, anything I try to install (two versions of adobe dreamweaver CS mainly), either will be veeery slow or make the pc restart by itself in the middle of the installation.

If I try to watch a video on youtube or even flash videos, itīll restart.

Even sometimes with only firefox open itīll restart. Or close firefox.

When I try to run McAfee to scan my pc, itīll restart before it ends.

I downloaded Spybot, could install it, but itīll restart before it ends or itīll give an error message to close it (but while the message is there and 'unclicked', the program remains running):

"Application Error
Exception EAccess violation module SpybotSD.exe at 00055B7F
Access violation at address 00455B7f in module 'SpybotSD.exe'. Read of address 00000001."

and

"Application Error
Exception EAccess violation module SpybotSD.exe at 00004A08
Access violation at address 00455B7f in module 'SpybotSD.exe'. Read of address FFFFFFFC"

I donīt use internet explorer, only firefox. The other programs I use the most are Corel Draw X3, Windows Messenger, Microsoft Word and Winamp. I also cannot play 'Frets on Fire'. Itīll crash or restart.

Sorry in advance for any english mistakes.

Could please somebody help me?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 02 December 2007 - 07:54 PM

Try running your scans in safe mode.
How to Start Windows in Safe Mode:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/

Post a Hijack This Log in the Hijack This Forum by following the directions in the link below. DO NOT post a log in this forum. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 katia

katia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 04 December 2007 - 09:21 AM

Iīve tried to run it on safe mode, the same behaviors as normal mode.

I posted the hijack log on the appropriated forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users