Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printer Install

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 NanZee

NanZee

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 PM

Posted 02 December 2007 - 05:57 PM

Hi, If there is an administrator passcode on my new Vista system, no one shared it with me. I am on there on a desk top only and the printer installation is saying to install in administrator mode. The Vista was loaded at the builder, the installer said it would probably ask for an administrator password during the initialization he did with the installation. It didn't. Is there a way to discover it? I have become tangled up in my shorts trying to install my Brother printer, since I was instructed mid install to get a new Vista driver from the manufacturers website. I have said driver, and I have to uninstall what had been done so far...software wise. Only after I took note of the request for updated driver did I see that the driver could not be installed except by administrator. YOW! Anyone know how I can reset the Administrator password?

Second problem. Not that slideshow is essential, but it keeps crashing the Windows Explorer. Trivial at the moment. Getting into administrator on my own system is priority.

Thanks, N

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users