Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer 7, Do We Need It?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cowgirl23

cowgirl23

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 PM

Posted 02 December 2007 - 05:08 PM

Through the microfsoft updates i get an offer to upgrade to internet explorer 7, but if we are using aol for our internet access, is there any need to upgrade internet explorer? Do we need internet explorer on our computer at all if we are using aol?

Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,843 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 02 December 2007 - 05:30 PM

The upgrade to IE 7...is one that is alleged to make your system more secure, since IE is a basic part of XP.

It doesn't matter whether you think you use the IE 7 or not...it's a part of XP that needs patching, for security purposes.

I don't believe you can remove/separate IE from any version of XP, so it's a moot point as to whether you think you need it or not.

Old but related: http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-10166_7-6219945-1.html

And...you don't have to use AOL for browser or internet access, it's just more convenient for AOL users to do so.

Louis

#3 cowgirl23

cowgirl23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 PM

Posted 03 December 2007 - 12:19 PM

howdy, thanks very much hamluis, you have been very helpful. I hope all is well with you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users