Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

EE and AOC Problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 The Trip

The Trip

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 PM

Posted 22 February 2005 - 12:14 AM

I tried to install EE and AOC on my new computer.
Which is Running Windows 2K, it is on the requirements, So I install it, and all the other requirements I am almost twice over.

I install both of them, then Run EE, and...it comes up with a black screen, I press enter, and it crashes. I run AOC, same thing.
But I do know that they are pretty scratched up.

So No Biggie, its 20$$ for the Gold Edition, so I got buy that, and the same thing
happens.

I got down to my other comp (eMachines) that has ran EE and AOC before, which is signifigantly slower, and its running XP, and it works fine.

I have DirectX 9 on bothe computers, Could it be my Graphics Card, even thought it is more than the requriements? a Xtasy ATI 9200SE 128 MB

Can any one help me out?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2005 - 10:45 AM

Have you checked EE's site to see if there are patches? I think when I installed EE there were one or two. Have you checked the site of the graphics card manufacturer to see if there are any new drivers?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 The Trip

The Trip
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2005 - 10:53 PM

Just updated and it is still no-go, this annoys me, because they dont back opened cd products, only replace them.

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2005 - 08:08 PM

I take it that you can play OTHER games on your new computer?
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users