Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spooky Computer.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,713 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 AM

Posted 02 December 2007 - 01:38 PM

Hi all, A friend of mine has a computer that has the Intel Augsburg D915GAG motherboard, and when I turn it off the LED on the case would go off but the fans would continue to run and after about five minutes would come back on. I went into the System Properties and unchecked the Automatic Restart under System Failure in the Startup and Recovery section and it still turns back on.

I'm leaning toward an exorcism and failing that a baptism in the local river, but I'm open to other ideas.

Thanks, dc3

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 02 December 2007 - 02:24 PM

How are you shutting it off? Be sure to double-check the "wake on" settings in the BIOS. I've had it happen to me in the past, but not as long as 5 minutes. I know it can be faulty drivers but finding the culprit is a pain. I gave up on my wife's and just leave it on or do a hard shutdown. Got another power supply to throw in it and see if that makes a difference?
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30,713 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 AM

Posted 02 December 2007 - 02:51 PM

I hadn't thought of the BIOS, good call and I'll check it out. I shut the computer down using the Start> Shutdown> and Shutdown. I will use my POST card and see if there are any problems with the PSU.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 02 December 2007 - 02:59 PM

Anything funky looking in the standby/hibernate settings?
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users