Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help! Photoshop Cs3 Unable To Continue Because Of A Hardware Or System Error

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 DarkNight

DarkNight

• Members
  • 232 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 02 December 2007 - 01:02 PM

And I know it happened when I follow a bad advice(yes,BAD!!)
By installing Kaspersky anti virus ask by that person
and that's where it got HORRIBLY wrong

luckily it is recovered"I roll back"
everything but Photoshop is back to normal
everytime I launch it up ,it said Unable to continue because of a hardware or system error
then i click ok and it vanish
also,i thought it is a memory hog before,when launch up,i suspect it have a memory leak,before before,i have at least a few memory left,but now,it is hog by Photoshop
I have been though many site(and Adobe decided to be down at the moment :trumpet: )
but most of them have different procedure,make my head spin :thumbsup:
And my AV shows no virus,AVG AS shows no spyware
so,what to do :flowers:

Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 02 December 2007 - 01:45 PM

What problems did Kapersky cause? Did you download the Beta version? (7.0, I believe) You might not have gotten rid of all the remnants by rolling back, as you call it. Read this for removal suggestions
http://forum.kaspersky.com
When you get the error Copy & Paste it so we can see the entire error, numbers and all
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 DarkNight

DarkNight
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 232 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2007 - 01:49 PM

no number,that is the error!!
and no,it is not beta one
also,i have to roll back cuz even in safe mode remove,it give problem
so i just roll back

Edited by DarkNight, 02 December 2007 - 01:53 PM.

#4 DarkNight

DarkNight
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 232 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2007 - 01:54 AM

SOS!!!
Everybody please help me!!

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 03 December 2007 - 02:44 PM

Uninstall Adobe using Add/Remove Programs
Download Windows Installer Cleanup Utility And use it to get rid of Adobe's remnants
Then download and reinstall Adobe
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
Mark

Edited by garmanma, 03 December 2007 - 02:46 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#6 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2007 - 03:23 PM

After removing PS from your system and after running the Windows installer cleanup utility like garmanma had said (but before reinstalling PS on your system), do a search in Windows explorer for "*photoshop temp" (without the quotes). Delete whatever it finds labeled "Photoshop Temp", as these are temporary scratch files that are created by PS (the Photoshop Temp is usually followed by numbers like "Photoshope Temp44923105).

Also, do you have more than one hard drive? If so, in PS in the preferences, put the scratch disk to start on the secondary drive (D:) and the secondary scratch to the primary drive (C:)-this will allow PS to have it's own scratch disk seperate from the scratch disk that windows uses (puts it on another drive). It can cause problems with photoshop if it has to share a scratch disk with Windows.

If you have any actions created, it's a good idea to save them to a hard drive or memory stick before uninstalling photoshop.
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#7 DarkNight

DarkNight
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 232 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2007 - 02:41 AM

question,what about the activation thing?
Do i need to re do it all over again when i uninstall and clean up it mess?

#8 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2007 - 07:11 AM

It depends on if it still resides in the registry (not sure if Windows Installer Cleanup Utility will touch the registry).

If you do, the activation should be online, automatic and take roughly less than a minute. I know that in the past, after registering an Adobe product once (I think it was 6.0), that I had to uninstall/reinstall and never registered it again-never had any issues. You can try that, although it might tell you that you've got to register it.
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users