Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why Is Everything In Italics?!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kaylal06

Kaylal06

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 AM

Posted 02 December 2007 - 12:16 PM

Hello everyone! I'm new here and this is my first post. I noticed the other day that all the font on my laptop's Internet has suddenly changed to italics, and I did not do this. I don't know why it happened. I'm the only person who is ever on my laptop, so no one else could have done this.

I managed to change the font via Tools>Internet opinions>Font on the browser, but any text that is in a subject field is still in italics. My default font was Arial, which I liked, but when Arial was selected it displayed the font name in italics. I then switched it to Lucida Sans, which is okay, but I don't like it that much. And again, text within subject fields is still in italics.

Any help on why this happened and how to fix it would be very much appreciated! Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lhamil64

lhamil64

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 02 December 2007 - 03:34 PM

hmmm... not sure why this could have happened. Maybe an accidental click? maybe spyware/viruses? Since you mentioned you managed to change the font for normal pages already then ill have to look around. Are you using IE or FireFox? If its IE, then what version (im guessing probably 7 because it was a forced upgrade from M$)

#3 Kaylal06

Kaylal06
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2007 - 05:18 PM

Hm... since you've mentioned it, this Internet upgrade may possibly be to blame. I wasn't going to upgrade if I didn't have to, but when the prompt came up on my computer last night to upgrade to 7, I went ahead and did it. A lot of things have changed about my browser. Still, the italics came about a few days prior to last night when I upgraded.

#4 lhamil64

lhamil64

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 03 December 2007 - 09:43 AM

OK ill open up IE7 and look around for different font changes.

#5 Kaylal06

Kaylal06
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2007 - 10:21 AM

Well, I looked on my dad's computer because he has IE7 also, but his font is fine.

On my laptop, if you go to Google, for instance, the two buttons under the search field ("Google Search" and "I'm Feeling Lucky") are in italics. On MySpace pages, any text that was there was in italics when it has never been that way before (the MySpace page owners' did not change their font). However, once I changed my browser's font to Lucina, that cleared up. It's still the subject fields and certain page buttons that are in italics.

Thanks for your help on this matter thus far. I appreciate it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users