Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Foud This That Was On One Of Your Chat Pages

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CJ_Cyber

CJ_Cyber

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 02 December 2007 - 08:52 AM

I put a search for the file that I didn't recognise in Google (latest-hub-webauth.sql.bin). I had done a defrag.. on my computer, (it was runnng slow) after I had a fight with a virus, after going to a site (I can provide all my actions from going to it!) it couldn't defrag this part so, wanted to know what it was. my search brought this forum up. and already you have helped. I know its an intruder!!
I would love more help!

The report found this...
Fragments File Size Files that cannot be defragmented
13 16 MB \Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SymcData\nco1.0defs\concat-webauth.sql.bin
6 14 MB \Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SymcData\nco1.0defs\latest-hub-webauth.sql.bin

CAN I DELETE THEM? OR DO THEY NEED TO BE PUT BACK WHERE THEY BELONG, so they aren't disjointed?????? I don't know what they are for, so I belive they are spy.

I can't delete these files!!! what can I do, I have tried and succseeded in changing the program it opens with, but does this stop it running as it did??

Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 02 December 2007 - 03:10 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,388 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 AM

Posted 02 December 2007 - 09:52 AM

Well...there's no point in doing anything if the system is not clean. Is it free of malware and are active malware-detection/prevention programs installed?

Louis

#3 CJ_Cyber

CJ_Cyber
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 02 December 2007 - 10:01 AM

I HAVE NORTON 360 AND CCLEANER. What do you mean "system not clean"? what is clasified as active malweare- detection programs??

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,388 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 AM

Posted 02 December 2007 - 10:17 AM

1. A firewall that is properly configured.

2. A reliable AV program that is current, recently scanned the system and produced no indications that the system is overcome by malware of any type.

3. Adware/spyware prevention/detection programs, preferably at least 2. I use Windows Defender and AVG Antispyware on this system, while using Windows Defender, Spybot, and Ad-Aware on my other desktop. Again, a recent scan indicating that the system is clean is the desired evidence.

Once a user is confident that malware is not the culprit, we can start guessing or proceeding logically to attempting to pinpoint problems and suggested remedies.

Louis

#5 Michael York

Michael York

Authorized Symantec Representative

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 05 December 2007 - 08:31 PM

I put a search for the file that I didn't recognise in Google (latest-hub-webauth.sql.bin). I had done a defrag.. on my computer, (it was runnng slow) after I had a fight with a virus, after going to a site (I can provide all my actions from going to it!) it couldn't defrag this part so, wanted to know what it was. my search brought this forum up. and already you have helped. I know its an intruder!!
I would love more help!

The report found this...
Fragments File Size Files that cannot be defragmented
13 16 MB \Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SymcData\nco1.0defs\concat-webauth.sql.bin
6 14 MB \Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SymcData\nco1.0defs\latest-hub-webauth.sql.bin

CAN I DELETE THEM? OR DO THEY NEED TO BE PUT BACK WHERE THEY BELONG, so they aren't disjointed?????? I don't know what they are for, so I belive they are spy.

I can't delete these files!!! what can I do, I have tried and succseeded in changing the program it opens with, but does this stop it running as it did??

Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Hello CJ_Cyber,

My name is Mike and I am from the Norton Authorized Support Team.

I'd like to help you out here with your possible virus and or other infection that seems to be affecting your computer. You mention that you have Norton 360 installed which is great, and I'm wondering if you have all of the updates applied to the application, as well as the updated definition files. Norton 360 will protect you from Virus's, Spyware, Malware and other threats, so long as it is installed and functioning properly. You may not have all of the product and definition updates applied to Norton 360.

To make sure that you do have all of the updates and that Norton 360 is fully functioning, please go through the following steps:

1. Click "Start" -> All Programs -> Norton 360. You will then be in the main Norton 360 Configuration Console
2. Click on the beige "Update" button in the upper right corner of the window. This will launch LiveUpdate and download any updated product components , as well as definition files that may be out of date.

Under normal operation, the LiveUpdate feature of Norton 360 will run in the background up to 3 times per day. To be assured that you have the latest updates, you can manually run LiveUpdate by following the instructions I presented above.

If by any chance you receive any error messages by running LiveUpdate from the Norton 360 console, there is another way to run the application manually. To do so, please follow these instructions:

1. Double-click on My Computer
2. Double-click on your "C:" drive and then double-click on "Program Files," and then double-click on the folder "Symantec," and finally double-click on the folder "LiveUpdate."
3. In the LiveUpdate folder locate the file called "luall.exe"
4. Double-click on "luall.exe" to launch LiveUpdate
5. Click the "Start" radio button. You should then see the progress in the LiveUpdate window.

When the updates have completed you will be notified in the Norton 360 window. To be sure that all of the updates have been applied, you can run LiveUpdate again until you see the message that "All updates have been applied."

The next step would be for you to scan your computer for problems. You can do this from the main Norton 360 window.

Please post back to this board and let me know if this resolves your issue.

Thank You,
Mike

Michael York
Norton Authorized Support Team
Symantec Corporation
http://service.symantec.com/priority

Edited by Michael York, 05 December 2007 - 08:37 PM.

Michael York
Norton Authorized Support Team
Symantec Corporation
http://service.symantec.com/priority

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users