Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp Media Center Does Not Ask For Password At Logon

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 whitehat

whitehat

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 AM

Posted 02 December 2007 - 03:54 AM

hi, I put a password on my account(which is the only account on the lap top), but when I turn on the lap top it doesnot ask for the password.. instead it automatically logs in to my account... right after I put the password on the account and restarted the lap top when it restarted it said something about not asking the password because of something netware(I'm sorry about being so vague its just that it poped up and dissapeared before I donne anything) I looked for any net ware process in services.msc and on msconfig and could not find one... thanks for the help!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 AM

Posted 02 December 2007 - 04:11 AM

At the top of the keyboard where the F keys are (F1, F2...) you will find a key on the far right side titled Pause Break. If you press this key when that message comes on the screen this will freeze it so that you can read it. Please let us know what it is reporting.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 whitehat

whitehat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2007 - 04:19 AM

ok.. I kept digging a bit further and this is what happens... I go on control panel/ user accounts/ change the way user logs in on the change the way user logs in option I cant do nothing because of "client services for netware has disabled the welcome screen and the fast user swichting, to enable them you have to uninstall client services for netware"(which is the message that showed up) it says I have to disable to be able to do anything there but then I went ahead and disabled it and still says the samething when I come back... Im going crazy on this.. thank you so much for the help!!

Edited by whitehat, 02 December 2007 - 04:24 AM.

#4 whitehat

whitehat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2007 - 09:05 AM

hi.. if somebody can help me I really apreciate... the closest to my case that I found on line was if there was only one account and the fix would be just to put a password.... no my case.. my account has a password... I even tried creating a new one... but still it just logs on automatically into mine... thanks...

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 04 December 2007 - 10:29 AM

See if this helps
http://www.ncsu.edu
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users