Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Restarts When Shut Down

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 blindfred

blindfred

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 02 December 2007 - 12:49 AM

Hello,
thanks in advance for any help.
My computer restarts after I click the shut down. I did the turn off auto restrart, and got the blue screen. It told me that some software was installed incorrectly, and to uninstall it. It have not added any new software or hardware for over a year, an so have no new software to uninstall. I did a search for new files and have found nothing.
My computer is a compaq. I run XP with service pack 2. I have Norton Anti Virus with automatic updates, and spybot search an destroy. I done my defragging and disc clean up.
The only way I can shut down my computer is to hold down the button.
My computer wont start windows when I first start it, the screen is dark with a dim windows logo. Then I have to press the button again to turn it off again, the start it and it comes up, then I can pick run in safe mode. If I don't pick safe mode it goes to the dim windows logo again.
Then it wont connect to the internet untill I do a systems restore. And the only date it lets me pick is the yesterday. (Not meaning the 30th of November, I am try to day it will only go back one day)

I am going be jumping the gun here but I am going to post my hijack this log. I think I have attached it.I am crossing my fingers. I can only stay connected for about a half hour before the computer disconects from the internet, so I am going to risk sounding pushy and try to get as much info into this post as I can so perhaps someone will take pity on a poor sinner.

Thanks Again,
Blindfred

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,502 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 18 December 2007 - 04:33 PM

I apologize for the very long delay. We have a huge backlog of HijackThis Logs to handle and it has been taking us greater time than normal to get caught up. If you are still having a problem, and want us to analyze your information, please post a brand new hijackthis log. If we do not hear back from you within a couple of days we will need to close your topic.

When posting your logs please post them directly into the reply. Do not attach them.

Also make sure you have already followed the steps outlined below:

Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log

Thank you for your patience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users