Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hd Tv Confusion.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cliver

cliver

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 01 December 2007 - 10:46 PM

Ok i bought a xbox360 recently and a samsung tx-2765 hdtv back in 2005. At first i thought the TV only supported 1080i and not 720p. But some websites ive looked at say it displays 720p and 1080i. But the back of the tv says 480i/480p/1080i. Anyone know about this HDTV or own it that could help me out?

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this thread. Any help would be most appreciated. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 02 December 2007 - 06:32 AM

Well, since you already have the TV, all you'd have to do is plug the 360 into it and test it out. Usually, I believe HDTV's tell you the resolution if you press an info button on your remote and since the 360 comes with a component cable (unless you have the core version), you'd be able to display those HD resolutions anyway.

I believe that if you hook up your 360 to the TV using component cables and set the 360 to display in HD, the 360 should also tell you what resolution it's displaying as well in the system settings.

Edited by Wizdabest, 02 December 2007 - 06:33 AM.

#3 cliver

cliver
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2007 - 04:23 PM

Its a present for the family for christmas thats why i asked ahead of time. That and i hear lots of ps3 games dont support 1080i so i want to know if my tv supports 720p..if not i might get another one for christmas. Im good with the 360 with 1080i.

Can anyone look at this and tell me what it means. http://www.epinions.com/Samsung_TX_R2765_TV

Edited by cliver, 02 December 2007 - 04:27 PM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,406 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2007 - 04:48 PM

Well...I'd certainly look for something a little more authoritative than an epinion by someone who may not know what he/she is talking about...for a valid reference regarding any hardware.

Louis

#5 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 03 December 2007 - 07:34 AM

Its a present for the family for christmas thats why i asked ahead of time. That and i hear lots of ps3 games dont support 1080i so i want to know if my tv supports 720p..if not i might get another one for christmas. Im good with the 360 with 1080i.

Can anyone look at this and tell me what it means. http://www.epinions.com/Samsung_TX_R2765_TV

Well I'm not sure then, the reason I suggested the 360 was because it may be able to list the supported resolutions of your TV. I know the PS3 can because I have one, but there is also the problem like you mentioned that some PS3 games support 720p and not 1080i.

I'm trying to figure out what the stuff on that link means because the description says that the resolutions displayed require a supported resolution, yet it has 720p as a displayed resolution and not a supported resolution.

Still, if you are unable to find the answer, I don't think you would have any problem with the resolutions with the 360 because I believe it will automatically upscale games to the resolution you're displaying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users