Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Help, All Fonts In Wingdings

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sixfoot_2

sixfoot_2

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 21 February 2005 - 08:06 PM

I Was Running My Antivirus Software And Everything Was Fine, I Found A Couple And I Deleted Them. I Restarted My Computer And Now Everything Is In Wingdings. Has This Happened To Anybody Else, And How Do I Fix It?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sixfoot_2

sixfoot_2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2005 - 05:41 PM

How do i run system restore from Start -> Run...?

#3 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2005 - 06:06 PM

No, but this will tell you how. :thumbsup:

Bleeping Computer's Windows XP System Restore Tutorial

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-xp-system-restore-guide/

Edited by scarlett, 22 February 2005 - 06:07 PM.

Posted Image

#4 snooker

snooker

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2005 - 06:47 PM

System restore only works if you happen to created a restore point , other wise you can't restore to a earlier point ... Sixfoot_2 you could try out this program from microsoft it might help , not really sure as to whether it will or wouldn't but its worth trying it out and also to just have use for , its call tweakUI from microsoft , look at the right side of the screen , you have to scroll down a bit , but do download this program , it has a option to repair icons , give it a go

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloa...ppowertoys.mspx

Edited by snooker, 22 February 2005 - 06:59 PM.

#5 sixfoot_2

sixfoot_2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2005 - 10:14 PM

yeah, the tutorial didnt help much because EVERYTHING is in wingdings, and i cant tell which file is which except from the picture on the icons, but there is a way to do this from the run menu, if anybody could tell me how it would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. i know quite alot about computers, but windows xp is not one of my greatest fields, but if anybody need web programming help or general windows help, i will try to help others, such as they are trying to help me

#6 snooker

snooker

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2005 - 10:49 PM

Is this what you are asking for ?? This here below can be excuted from the Run command

%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

Or you can perform this here below

1. Restart your computer, and then press F8 during the initial startup to start your computer in Safe Mode with a command prompt.

For additional information about the Safe mode with a command prompt, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
315222 A description of the Safe mode boot options in Windows XP
2. Log on to your computer with an administrator account or with an account that has administrator credentials.
3. Type the following command at a command prompt, and then press ENTER:
4. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to restore your computer to an earlier state.

Edited by snooker, 22 February 2005 - 10:54 PM.

#7 sixfoot_2

sixfoot_2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2005 - 09:33 PM

Is this what you are asking for ?? This here below can be excuted from the Run command

Thank You So Much, I Finally Restored It, Updated My Antivirus Software, And Got Rid Of The Problem...Hope This Will Help Someone Else In The Future

#8 snooker

snooker

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2005 - 11:53 PM

You're welcome ! I'm glad it help ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users