Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Symbos.commwarrior.b Infection

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 greenhorn

greenhorn

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 01 December 2007 - 08:07 AM

Hi, I need some (maybe a lot of) help here.
I have a compaq notebook running xp home sp 2; Norton internet security 2007, ad aware se personal, super anti spyware, spybot search and destroy.
About half hour ago a bluetooth connection called SymbOS.Commwarrior.B was detected on my comp and this was immediately followed by a norton notification that SymbOS.Commwarrior.B was detected and blocked. but even after this the bluetooth icon in the system tray was lit up and a notification saying something like:'SymbOS.Commwarrior.B connected successfully to PIM service' came on. I immediately turned off the bluetooth services. later when i turned it on again within a minute the system tray notification came and showed my blue tooth icon as connected! i switched bluetooth off again and ran a quick norton scan but nothing was detected. since then i have turned bluetooth on again but have not got any notification and system tray bluetooth icon has not showed any activity yet.
last week i had downloaded a few sony ericsson themes for my phone from esato.net, these might have been infected, though i had run a virus check on them before loading on my phone.
Is my computer still infected, what was the meaning of all those notifications and the bluetooth activity? is even my phone infected?
what should i do now?
please guide
thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,616 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 01 December 2007 - 08:34 AM

See info in link below.
http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/commwarrior_b.shtml

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 greenhorn

greenhorn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 01 December 2007 - 10:55 AM

Hi, thanks for the advice.
My phone's not a Sybian OS phone, and is also not showing any signs of the virus activity. On the other hand it's my comp that's shown strange activity (as explained above). As if some infected device is trying to connect with the comp where as there's no other device anywhere within range.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users