Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Just Want To Thank Combofix.exe's Author?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 musictech

musictech

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 PM

Posted 01 December 2007 - 03:24 AM

Hi There

I am a new user and the reason for my post is to Thank the Author of Combofix.exe. IT'S A LIFESAVER!

I Have just reformatted my Trusty PC after 2-3 years of working without a format and imagine my suprise when I clicked on a suspect Link by mistake and got infected by a Trojan virus even though I had AVG 7.5 Installed as a registered user.

AVG Picks up the Virus after it's already infected me so that was no good. Also AVG called the Trojan : Downloader.Generic6.WBG but know's nothing about it after contacting them. Their AVGAS (Anti-spyware program) Picks it up as delf.dbo? Makes you wonder if the Different AVG Departments actually talk to one another? Anyway after doing everything AVG suggested and getting virus Warnings constantly I jumped on the net but couldn't find much info at all on either of these names. I Did stumble across SDFix.exe and Combofix.exe. I Ran combofix.exe and VOILA! my Troan Delf.dbo is quarantined and now deleted. Very Clever this Combofix as I thought it wasn't going to work either.

Kudos to combofix author. Whoever he might be

Cheers

Musictech

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 01 December 2007 - 01:31 PM

Hello musictech, Welcome to Bleeping Computer

Glad to hear you were able to rid your OS of viruses and are up and running again. :thumbsup:

Please take a moment and visit the New User Orientation section, to get familiarized with how the board works.

There is also an extensive Tutorials section, that offers a wide range of information and solutions.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 Timeforgotin

Timeforgotin

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 AM

Posted 18 January 2008 - 05:56 PM

Hello i would just like to vote my THANKS to the author as well. THANK-YOU for your time and ingenius the program worked perfectly. I'm sorry but many THANKS again and keep up the good work, as with many other's it does not get unnoticed and are very grateful for your skill and knowledge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users