Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost Word 2002 Document

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 scooterpd

scooterpd

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 AM

Posted 30 November 2007 - 10:35 PM

Ok, so here is the situation. I was working on a script tonight that I opened up as an attachment from an email. As I finished it up, I clicked save, or at least I though I did. Then I went ahead and closed Microsoft Word. There was no dialog box prompting me to save changes or anything, it just closed. Now, I cannot find the file whatsoever. I have searched under recent documents, temporary internet files, and I searched for .tmp files and .asd files as well. I did find one .tmp file that was created around the same time that I lost my document. I have tried to open it up in Word and it prompts me to convert file from a variety of formats, including plain text, encoding text, rtf, etc. I am completely stuck and do not know what to do. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I am running XP PRO with SP2. My notebook came preinstalled with Microsoft Word 2002, so I have no backup installation cd. I have been told that the file WORDRET.MSI is the installation file, but I cannot find that file anywhere on my hard drive.

Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users