Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Buying Best Agp Video Card

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 general grievous

general grievous

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 AM

Posted 30 November 2007 - 06:34 PM

my sistem is

p4 presscot soc775 3.00GHZ HT procesor
2GB ram memory kingstone pc3200 400 mhz
80gb hard disk samsung IDE
MOBO biostar P4M800CE-8237
400wat power source
integrated sound

could it afford a X1950Pro512mb or a X1950XT256MB??

or feel free to sugest me any other agp video card that you think could beat the ones i posted.

EDIT: omg i ve just noticed that i posted this in the wrong section, please don't delete this topic, just move it to the right section ty.

Edited by general grievous, 30 November 2007 - 06:39 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 01 December 2007 - 03:05 AM

I couldn't find your exact mobo when I went looking for it. But I found one similar, I think, if your board will handle 8x AGP then you should be OK. But how big is your power supply? When you put a bigger video card like that in it takes a lot of power. If your power supply is to small or too cheaply built you can have all kinds of problems with your computer... :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#3 general grievous

general grievous
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2007 - 03:49 PM

I couldn't find your exact mobo when I went looking for it. But I found one similar, I think, if your board will handle 8x AGP then you should be OK. But how big is your power supply? When you put a bigger video card like that in it takes a lot of power. If your power supply is to small or too cheaply built you can have all kinds of problems with your computer... :huh:

well, as i said my power supply is a 400 wats one, and i dunno if necesarily maters but its size is around 10x15x7centimeters, and my mobo has an 8x agp.

and man, now that you say i cud have problems with a cheap PS, sometimes my computer randomly doesnt wanna start up when i press the on/off button, i know theres power because the side fan starts spining, but just for a second then it completely shuts down along with the rest of the system. maybe i gotta buy a new case with a new better power supply along with it. i got 100 bucks on my pocket rite now to go waste in a new case(i say waste because all of my pc improving labor is for video games :thumbsup:) u just tell what kind of power suply i gotta buy, thats what really matters and i ll seek for a deluxe case with that built in PS.

PD: how do you think that my computer(described up there) will do with the latest video games? and what about the future, i dunno much about this i can just wonder or ask you.

sorry about the extended quote -.-

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 01 December 2007 - 04:17 PM

Anyway, I was just checking out the specifications for your motherboard. I can't find any documentation that says it even takes an AGP card. Do you currently have an AGP card? If that is the case, then I am looking at the wrong manual.

I would recommend that you look into a new keyboard. It appears that shift keys are broken.

#5 general grievous

general grievous
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2007 - 10:37 AM

Anyway, I was just checking out the specifications for your motherboard. I can't find any documentation that says it even takes an AGP card. Do you currently have an AGP card? If that is the case, then I am looking at the wrong manual.

I would recommend that you look into a new keyboard. It appears that shift keys are broken.

i know i am running on an ati radeon 9550 256mb(agp, my agp is 8x) my mobo runs ram memory in single channel. :thumbsup:

Edited by general grievous, 02 December 2007 - 11:27 AM.

#6 general grievous

general grievous
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2007 - 02:40 PM

image of my pc`s info
my pc`s info
more info

thats my pc's info, if you see 512 mb of ram is because i hadnt installed the 2gb yet, but i will shortly, actually ima buy ram along with my video card.

#7 general grievous

general grievous
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2007 - 04:41 PM

ty to the guys that tryed helping me, now i have paid for my 2gb pc3200 kingston ram and HIS x1950pro 512mb agp, aswell for a power source(antec truepower trio 550 watts) i have inmediately received the power source and installed at once into my pc, and im still waiting for the other parts to be shipped. got anything to add? go ahead.

Edited by general grievous, 06 December 2007 - 04:41 PM.

#8 general grievous

general grievous
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2007 - 02:20 PM

please close this topic, i got the info i need now, ty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users