Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Log File!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 NegiStar

NegiStar

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 30 November 2007 - 04:46 PM

Hi there,

Apologies for posting in the wrong forum section. Hopefully I have followed the steps correctly. The guidelines I had down, it was just the version of HijackThis that I needed to update from 2.0.0 to 2.0.2. Anywho, as I wrote before, I am quite suspicious about scvhost.exe. I have heard that it is extremely harmful for your computer, on the account that it steals personal information such as online banking info, computer info, passwords, etc.

My log is posted up and please notify me of any programs which seem harmful to my Windows XP 75GB Hard drive.

Edit: sorry I may have misspelled the scvhost.exe file.

Attached Files

Edited by boopme, 07 December 2007 - 09:57 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Shaba

Shaba

Koutsi

• Members
  • 7,872 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 17 December 2007 - 01:40 PM

Hi Negistar

If you still need help, please post a fresh HijackThis log and don't use attachment but copy/paste it to your reply :thumbsup:
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Shaba

Shaba

Koutsi

• Members
  • 7,872 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 24 December 2007 - 05:45 AM

Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team
a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security
Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users