Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Itunes Not Recognizing Cd

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 DebraJess

DebraJess

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 AM

Posted 29 November 2007 - 10:30 PM

I'm just purchased a new soundtrack that I'm trying to import into iTunes. The first CD in the soundtrack imported just fine. However, when I inserted the second CD, neither my MacBook Pro, nor iTunes recognized that it was there. No icon appeared on the desktop and iTunes didn't ask to import it. I could eject it using the iTunes eject icon, but other than that I can't seem to get it to import. Can someone help me?

Thank you,

Debra

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TVT

TVT

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 AM

Posted 29 November 2007 - 10:49 PM

Have you tried other CDs since you ejected the 2nd disc?
Posted Image

#3 DebraJess

DebraJess
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2007 - 10:53 PM

I've tried the third and fourth disks in the soundtrack, but they aren't reconized either. I don't know if I own any more CDs that I haven't imported yet, so I don't know if that will make a difference, but I'll go and look on my selves for one and let you know what happens. Thank you so much for helping!

Debra

#4 DebraJess

DebraJess
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2007 - 11:00 PM

I've tried the third and fourth disks in the soundtrack, but they aren't reconized either. I don't know if I own any more CDs that I haven't imported yet, so I don't know if that will make a difference, but I'll go and look on my selves for one and let you know what happens. Thank you so much for helping!

Debra

Okay, I tried importing two different CDs, one that I know for sure that I've imported before and still...nothing, no icon or prompt to begin importing.

Debra

#5 DebraJess

DebraJess
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2007 - 11:12 PM

Debra

Okay, I tried importing two different CDs, one that I know for sure that I've imported before and still...nothing, no icon or prompt to begin importing.

Debra

OMG, I just tried syncing my iPod and iTunes now says that my iPod is corrupted. I disconnected the iPod and reconnected it, and got the same message. I restarted iTunes, same thing. I'm so lost right now, I don't know what to do!

#6 TVT

TVT

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2007 - 11:28 PM

Do CDs you imported work?

As for the corrupted iPod, youll have to reformat it using iTunes. Just hit the restore button.
Posted Image

#7 DebraJess

DebraJess
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2007 - 11:38 PM

I don't believe this!!!!! I fixed it! All i had to do was reboot the computer. I do this all the time with the piece of crap PC I use at work, but did it even once dawn on me to reboot my mac? Well, yes, it dawned on me, but not before I had a hissy fit in a public forum. I'm way to tired for a victory dance right now. Time for bed. Thank you again TVT for shoving me down the right track with your question.

Debra

#8 TVT

TVT

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2007 - 11:46 PM

I think your computer was throwing a hissy fit too :thumbsup:

Edited by TVT, 29 November 2007 - 11:47 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users