Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Temp And Voltage Monitor

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 RknRusty

RknRusty

• Members
  • 396 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 29 November 2007 - 08:00 PM

I want as simple of a program as possible to monitor my system board temperatures and voltages. I've seen SpeedFan mentioned around here a few times; do most of you agree that's one of the best ones? How do I know if it's giving me reasonably accurate readings?

I'm running Windows XP Home with a 2 year old motherboard, 2.2 GHz Athlon.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AzureEd

AzureEd

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 29 November 2007 - 08:30 PM

indeed chap. Speed fan IS the greatest one. and its free too. monitors HD and system internal temperatures. allows monitoring of hard drive for SMART attributes and more.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 AM

Posted 29 November 2007 - 08:34 PM

Most all of these programs that don't come with their own sensors take their readings from the BIOS, Everest Home Edition is another that is free and will supply those specs plus a lot more.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 AzureEd

AzureEd

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2007 - 09:49 PM

That, sir, is discontinued. everest is no longer Free.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 AM

Posted 29 November 2007 - 10:19 PM

That, sir, is discontinued. everest is no longer Free.

I just tried that link to be sure and it was still working for me. The 2.20 version is still free and can be downloaded from several different sites. There is a retail version, perhaps this is what you are thinking of.

Edited by dc3, 29 November 2007 - 10:23 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 AzureEd

AzureEd

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2007 - 09:17 AM

Yeah. I dont see the point in a product if its discontinued. It will soon be obsolete x_x

EDIT: Like..It wont have support for the newer motherboards and such

Edited by AzureEd, 30 November 2007 - 09:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users