Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor Loses Signal After Xp Load Screen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Triplesixkoe

Triplesixkoe

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 PM

Posted 29 November 2007 - 07:43 PM

Hello. I am new here so please go easy on me. I have an HP media center m7287c. It has windows xp Home. Here is my problem. Just recently my computer will not boot completely and/or my monitor shuts off. I have tested my monitor with 2 other pc's and there is nothing wrong with the monitor itself. But when I turn on the Computer the montitor receives a good signal. I can see the blue HP screen that says F11 for system recovery, F1 for setup, etc. It then goes into the "load" screen where it says Windows XP with the little moving bars below it. After it is done loading... the light on my monitor goes from GREEN TO ORANGE and the monitor "goes to sleep" and turns black. Obviously its not getting a signal and I don't know why. Meanwhile the computer doesn't reboot, it stays on, the temperatures are all normal. I have not done anything to it in terms of hardware. It is "stock" and has an integrated monitor input rather than an AGP or PCI video card. What might be wrong, what can I do...and HOW? Thank you in advance.
~ME

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 syunichi

syunichi

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 29 November 2007 - 07:59 PM

Hmm..I experienced that once.Why dont you try to reboot and start in safe mode. I think it will work during safe mode and not normal mode. Some say it's the graphic card problem but I think it must have something to do with the refresh rate. Try it, safe mode.

:thumbsup:
Posted Image

Tech Support: "Do you have any windows open right now?"
Customer: "Are you crazy woman, it's twenty below outside..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users