Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Convert Video_TS to Mpeg

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gandcsundvik

gandcsundvik

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 21 February 2005 - 01:57 PM

How do I convert a Video_ts to an mpeg or avi. I have recorded old VHS tapes to DVD using a video recorder. They play great in my DVD player, but the Movie Maker or Adobe Premiere doesn't like my format. Can Pinnancle 9 automatically convert? Help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jaybird934

Jaybird934

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 21 February 2005 - 09:54 PM

What you want to do is called "demultiplexing". Unfortunately, I don't know if Pinnacle 9 does this or not. Maybe now that you know what it's called you can look it up in the Pinnacle help menus...or, some kind soul with Pinnacle knowledge will come around. There are also step by step instructions for doing this HERE, using several popular (and free) programs you can download.

#3 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 23 February 2005 - 07:08 AM

The vob files in the TS folder are glorified mgp files.

See my post here for further info

You need a program called file merger, which will then merge the vobs together.
Demux the mpg/audio streams using vob edit and multiplex together with bbmpg download here, you may also need the xp patch.

Edited by stidyup, 23 February 2005 - 07:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users