Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sol491.txt

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 whowy04

whowy04

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 29 November 2007 - 04:21 PM

Hello,

I've read a thread pertaining to this malware and various steps I should take to remove it(http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t117948.html); however, the, the end user who's experiencing the issue has yet to reply with any logs. Should I continue on with ALL the steps without knowing what the various logs this user may or may not post will tell?

Otherwise, does anyone have any clue how I can remove this malware? Every restart, including when I go into Safe Mode immediately takes me to the blue screen of death. I've typed up the exact message displayed on the blue screen below. I would appreciate ANYTHING knowledge, advice, etc. anyone could offer.

Thank you very much!

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the Stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacurer for driver updates. Try changing the video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

***STOP: 0X0000008E (0XC0000005, 0XF780FA74, 0XB09C5964, 0X00000000)

Beginning dump of physical memory

Physical memory dump complete.

Contact your system administrator or technical support goup for further assistance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 AM

Posted 29 November 2007 - 11:24 PM

Actually No...
1)You should never follow the instrudtions in someone else HiJack log
2)They are going to use ComboFix
You should NOT use Combofix unless you have been instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert. It is intended by its creator to be used under the guidance and supervision of an expert, not for private use. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.
3)They should follow these instructions
Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users