Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgrade Question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stampman42

stampman42

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 29 November 2007 - 12:21 PM

I am currently using MS Office Basic Edition 2003. I need to start an extensive inventory and would like to have Access. Is it possible to upgrade 2003 Office Basic with 2007 Office Pro or would I have to buy the Full Version of Pro.

Thanks for you help.

(Moderator edit: added Topic Description and moved post to more appropriate forum. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 29 November 2007 - 12:31 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 29 November 2007 - 02:56 PM

Better yet, try Open office. It's open source and it's free
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2007 - 07:02 PM

My own preference would be to buy a copy of Access (and not necessarily the newest release) and keep Office 2003. I use OpenOffice, which has a database module; although I am not well-versed in the db capabilities, it may very well fit your needs (and is free).
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 stampman42

stampman42
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2007 - 03:34 PM

Thank you so much for taking the time for my question. I have considered Base from Open Office, and have even downloaded it. I am not familiar with OO, and am not sure that it is as reliable as Access. My husband has been collecting since he was nine. I need to inventory a huge accumulation and eventually hope it will turn into a business adventure. Would it be as reliable and flexible as Access?

Ruth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users