Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Soundmax Ad1 1988 Audio Card

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 neilo

neilo

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 PM

Posted 29 November 2007 - 07:00 AM

Hi I recently installed a asus maxumus formula mother board and intel Q6600 processer. When i click on the driver for the sound card (which came as part of the mb) it tells me i may need to install a microsoft hot fix for this and then wont load. Iv searched everywhere for this hot fix but cant find it. Iv downloaded various hot fixes from both asus and microsoft and nothing seems to be working. My OS IS XP64 bit...........

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 01 December 2007 - 03:23 AM

I find it odd that the soundcard didn't work out-of-the-box, especially on a board that supports that processor. Have you tried downloading the XP64 drivers at Asus' website? Make sure it's the Windows XP 64-bit version not the Vista-64 one at the top. It should be working normally.

3939.png

#3 neilo

neilo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2007 - 04:05 AM

Have tried that and still not working. When i open my device manager its showing no audio device detected is this correct or should it be picking up the audio card even without the drivers installed. How should i save the ASUS drivers and should i unzip them.........Thanks

#4 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 01 December 2007 - 04:39 PM

It should be picking the card up if it's activated in the motherboard's BIOS. You have to unzip the files from the file you get at Asus.

3939.png

#5 neilo

neilo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2007 - 05:27 AM

wasnt enabled in the bios thank you very much

#6 komemiute

komemiute

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 PM

Posted 18 November 2010 - 03:58 PM

Pretty Please, how do I enable it from the BIOS?

DO I have to do it if Windows actually detect it?
As stupid as it seems I can't find a driver in heaven or earth that seems to apprecciate that X-Fi sound board.

Tried even SoundBlaster site to no avail... Is it just me ?

THanks a bunch in advance!

K'mute.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users