Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie7 And Vista

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Newslady

Newslady

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 29 November 2007 - 01:02 AM

We've got a newer Vista Laptop (Sony Vaio). We are using real estate programs that use mapping. Had some trouble with it, but worked it out with the help from tech support for that particular program. Had to uninstall and reinstall Sun Java.

Now that programs runs fine, but a separate program we use is acting up. We've been on the phone with tech support for this program for (Literally) HOURS to try and fix the problem. Theyv've been in the computer, all of that. We've gone thru everything else we can, gone deep into the "bowels of the computer" as I like to call it. Can't fix the problem.

Now the IT guy is saying that he thinks IE7 may have a missing or corrupt file. Is it possible to repair or uninstall and reinstall IE7 on a Vista machine that never had IE6? How would we go about doing this or checking into this?

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 29 November 2007 - 01:35 AM

With Vista, you cannot uninstall IE7 and install IE6.

Can you provide some details about the problems you are having?
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 Newslady

Newslady
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 29 November 2007 - 02:34 PM

Sure - in this particular program we are using (it is the Multiple Listing Service for our area) there are action buttons across the top when you pull up a page. Buttons like Report, Email, Statistics, etc. On this computer, those buttons do not show up. Everything else on the page shows up, but not those buttons. Also, in the bottom corner of the page the "loading bar" keeps running like it is still loading the page.

There is a small error graphic, and when I click on that it gives me this message:

Line# 26; File Name: http://login.rapmls.com/ActiveSessionFound...CH5.......there is much more.

I was on the phone with tech support for this program for over 3 hours on 2 separate occasions. It even went to the point where the Level 2 tech support guy had his supervisor in the computer (remotely) looking at everything. They couldn't figure it out. Our boss is also a techie guy, and he was all in and thru the computer yesterday for several hours. He is the one who said he thinks there may be a missing or corrupt file for IE7.

I didn't want to install IE6. But in what I have found online I can only find about uninstalling IE7 and re-installing IE6. This is a Vista machine, it came with IE7. I was wondering if uninstalling IE7 and then reinstalling mix fix corrupt or missing files. Or does that sort of thing even happen to IE7?

Thanks!

#4 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 30 November 2007 - 02:28 AM

This is a rather interesting Thread from the Micro$oft Community Newsgroup.

However, I can't vouch for the the validity of this method.

There may be something in How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings that will help.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users