Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help With A Pop-up And No Access To "control Panel", "add/remove Programs" Or Other Administrator Functions.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 aarya

aarya

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 28 November 2007 - 10:45 PM

Hi, I am new to this forum but I have a real problem. others advice has not helped. I am operating a Windows XP compaq PC with Broadband access. In the last 3-4 days have seen a degradation in the speed of the PC and a annoying pop-up every 3 minutes . It's a real mess. What I need is instruction to get back Administrator Privileges, access to control panel at all.
Then we want to stop the annoy pop-up telling us we have a "Windows Security Alert" box saying " warning!potential spyware operation! your computer is making unauthorized copies of your system and internet files.Run full scan now to prevent any unauthorized access to your files". and then directs to"trustedantivirus.com"
i dont know any of my friends have downloaded it or not, but this annoying thing keeps on coming every 2 -3 min.
i tried to clean up using super- antispy ware. but there was no use

can anyone help me to get out of this mess and get control on my machine

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 PM

Posted 29 November 2007 - 03:21 AM

Run through the following two fixes:

How to remove the Smitfraud / Generic Zlob / Quicknavigate / Virtual Maid

How to Remove WinFixer / Virtumonde / Msevents / Trojan.vundo
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 aarya

aarya
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 29 November 2007 - 06:22 AM

thanks for reply,

i tried both options
1. in the first case smitfraud was unable to clean the registries. a pop up with a message came that the registry cleaning is disabled by the administrator.

2. in second case vundo fix scanned and came up with zero infected files.

and my problem is still remaining...... :-(

i have also posted my problem in hijakthis logs and malware detection.

please help

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,592 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 PM

Posted 30 November 2007 - 12:14 AM

Your hijackthis log is posted here.

After posting a log you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a HJT Team member, nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the member assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

If after 5 days you still have received no response, then post a link to your HJT log in the thread titled "Haven't Had A Reply In Five Days?".

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic until you are cleared by the HJT Team. If you still need assistance after your log has been reviewed and you have been cleared, please PM me or another moderator and we will re-open this topic.

Thanks for your cooperation and good luck with your log.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users