Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Choosing A New Hd

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Terryreece

Terryreece

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 28 November 2007 - 06:15 PM

I will be replacing my 160 HD. I am looking to place in bigger HD in my Hp a475c. I just don't know which brand would be best to work with my system. I also would like to know how much memory is to much. I have a open slot and can upgrade to 2gb. I have 512 now . Im thinking atleast a 3or 400 Hd with 1 gb of memory. What do you guys think?

Thanks Terry

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Lucky23

Lucky23

• Members
  • 304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 28 November 2007 - 06:21 PM

Im looking at your specs on HP's web site and for the hard drive i looks like it will need to be either and EIDE or Ultra ATA "same thing named different"

RAM you can do 2GB of PC3200

I have a some what simular system, i have it listed under my profile and im running 2GB ram. Comp runs really good for me

Heres the link

HP A475C

Edited by Lucky23, 28 November 2007 - 06:33 PM.

Centurion 5 Case~GA-P35-DS3L Rev2.0~E6550~EVGA 8800GS~3GB GSkill~Cooler Master 650 PRO~Seagate 320GB SATA II~ 2 ASUS 20X Burners~Sound Blaster Audigy SE~ZeroTherm CF900~Acer 22" P221W

#3 Pippincp

Pippincp

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 28 November 2007 - 10:26 PM

I also would like to know how much memory is to much.

Thanks Terry

There is no such thing as "to much". It all depends on what you are doing, if a serious gamer the more the merrier, also if running intensive applications. Go with as much as you can afford.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 29 November 2007 - 01:37 AM

I also would like to know how much memory is to much.

Thanks Terry

There is no such thing as "to much". It all depends on what you are doing, if a serious gamer the more the merrier, also if running intensive applications. Go with as much as you can afford.

Actually that's not quite true, a 32bit OS will only recognize 3.5GB of RAM, the rest is superfluous.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users