1) Normal install - freezes at "completing install"
2) Normal install with a different vista ultimate dvd - same outcome
3) Downloaded sata drivers (as this seems to be the problem in all forums) for vista x64 version from nvidia...vista won't find them during install at "load drivers" screen...
4) Tried to use a difference chipset driver just for sh!ts and giggles but to no avail as well
Here's what I'm not going to try
1) I'm not reformatting my entire HDD bc my XP and my files are on it..my 'future' vista space has its own partition already right after the xp partition
2) I'm not switching my BIOS from AHCI to ATA because A)it's a speed decrease and B )I don't even see that in my BIOS
3) And I would really not like to upgrade my BIOS, A)I don't plan to overclock B ) I don't have a floppy so a bootable CD would be a pain unless anyone knows of a way to do it through windows xp and C)I don't plan on having a 800 dollar paperweight if something goes wrong while flashing my bios...
I have a 320GB Seagate HDD and my Mobo is an Asus P5N-E 650 SLI
Am I not looking for the correct drivers? If not, will someone please help me out....thanks in advance
OH and one more thing, i'm quite positive it has to do with SATA drivers because although it see the partitions in the beginning of the install, vista starts to dump its data files into my first partion, xp, because i don't think it really "sees" the others....just a guess...
Edited by PC GEEK, 28 November 2007 - 11:38 PM.