Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Keeps Freeze

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dizz15

dizz15

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 AM

Posted 28 November 2007 - 04:14 PM

it seems to happen more overnight when it sits for a long time without use, but a random times it will just freeze, so i have to restart. im not sure what is wrong can anyone help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Cyb3r_Ninj@

Cyb3r_Ninj@

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 28 November 2007 - 05:04 PM

Have you tried to snap it out of the frozen state by accessing the Task Manager?

Ctrl + Alt + Delete >> Task Manager

I would try that first. If the machine does not respond once it enters the frozen state, restart your machine and access the Task Manager once the desktop environment loads. Particularly i'd look into the Performance tab to look into your CPU and PF usage statistics. Let the machine just sit idle with the Task Manager opened to the Performance tab and watch the statistics for a bit see if there are any spikes in CPU or PF usage.

If your machine locks up again, reboot and look into the Event Viewer for any Error or Warning codes / messages that may have occurred within the same time frame that your machine entered the frozen state.

Start >> Control Panel >> Administrative Tools >> Event Viewer

You'll want to look for clues in the System and Application nodes of the Event Viewer.

There's bound to be clues there.

Also, if you have recently installed any NEW hardware devices (RAM, HD, power supply, etc.) you might have a problem with the NEW hardware. Event Viewer should show you if there are any critical errors with your system.
Bill Gates recognizes the skills... so i suggest you start there and recognize them too...
:: digital.ronin ::

| MCP - ID 5646435, other certifications pending... |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users