Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nita

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 21 February 2005 - 09:12 AM

I recently tried to print a document from the Internet, I had copied and pasted it to a word document. I was very surprised when the printed sheet emerged with pale red print rather than black.This meant that it was being printed from the colour cartridge and that the cartridge was almost empty and not able to make up the black.I carried out some enquiries and was told that this was because it was an HTML document and that it always prints from colour. I don't know whether this is the case with other computers and printers. I have windows 98 and an HP640C printer. There is however a way round it.1.highlight the text.2.Copy 3.Edit and go to paste special, you then have several options I have tried both unformatted text and Rich text format and then print in black from the black cartridge.When I think of all the coloured ink I have wasted in the past by not knowing this.I know you guys are all very clever, but this may be of use to someone out there.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,431 posts
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 23 February 2005 - 05:47 PM

Great tip!! Thanks for sharing it with us

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users