Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Memory Stick Not Recognised

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 warthog01

warthog01

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 PM

Posted 28 November 2007 - 08:01 AM

Hi

I'm running WinXP and have recently had problems getting my 2GB memory stick to appear in My Computer. The stick is fine--works well with another computer and used to work fine with this one. The problem seems to have surfaced since I bought a WD My Book external hard drive, which now takes up the "E" Drive designation the memory stick used to open on. When I plug in the memory stick, the chimes sound as if recognised and the LCD on the stick flashes a couple times, but there's no drive listed for it on my computer.

Does anyone have the answer out there?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,570 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 28 November 2007 - 08:06 AM

Try assigning a letter to the drive in Disk Management.

How to change drive letter assignments in Windows XP
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users