Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking For Micro. Word Copy For Xp Home Sp 1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 joelook

joelook

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 28 November 2007 - 02:30 AM

I'm trying to get a copy of micro. word for purposes of word processing or getting my resume fwd' as I recently deleted a major service pack or what I believed was malware virus in kind of huff or panic--like, turns out to be or was that Watchdog was essential in drivers for system, etc...
I don't have the orig. Xp pro's "key" or the software, my friend's computer bus/rpr. would load software and that's that. So, in the meantime, I'm attempting to get XpPro w/applicable sp2, etc....and that's a full course.
AT ANY RATE, Word or the format's, of course, preferred for fwd' resume, etc. and my job ended last week, which, kind of puts it in dire for getting job leads, etc. therefore, if any leads on Word can be suggested, I appreciate it and Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 28 November 2007 - 09:21 AM

You can find the key on your machine using this:
magicaljellybean
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 AM

Posted 28 November 2007 - 11:13 AM

If push comes to shove, download OpenOffice, it is free and compatible with MS Word.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,586 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 AM

Posted 28 November 2007 - 11:57 AM

To get a legal copy of Word, you'll have to pay for it, so I suggest you look into John's recommendation, Open Office is free. Your topic title suggests you may be asking for a cracked or otherwise illegal version of Word, which is a big no-no and against the rules. To prevent any further misunderstandings and so someone doesn't post something illegal, this thread is closed.

Not sure what you're trying to ask in the rest of your post. If your copy of Windows isn't legal, I suggest you talk to the friend of yours who installed it and get that corrected. If it isn't legal and nothing you can do about it, then you need to shop around and buy a legal copy and install it. If you could clarify what it is that you want to do and if it's something we can help you with without breaking the law, start another topic and clarify, please.

The fate of all mankind, I see

Is in the hands of fools

--King Crimson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users