Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Drunk Idiots

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:05:18 PM

Posted 28 November 2007 - 01:15 AM

This evening my daughter Amy and I decided to go out to eat. We put her baby in her carseat and headed out. At the end of our street, there were 2 cars-a Civic was stopped at the stop sign; an Accord was behind it; we were behind the Accord.
The Accord went around the Civic, and blocked it. Five people got out of the Accord-we realized real quick this was not a case of folks in one car wanting to chit chat with those in the other car. The 5 people went over to the Civic and we could tell they were angry and arguing. Next thing we know, something hit the windshield of Amy's jeep-it was a very loud noise when it hit. We both had that what the h*** was that look. Then the Civic started backing up-we thought it would hit the front of the jeep. It didn't, and before we could get the license plate number, the Civic pulls around the Accord and takes off. By this time, both Amy and I were out of the Jeep, asking who threw something that hit the windshield. One lady denied throwing anything, and I said well someone threw something that hit our vehicle. I mentioned that we had a 6 week old baby in the Jeep-one of the girls got in my face and asked over and over You gotta what? What do you have?
Before I could get my cell phone out to call the police, they were there. The lady who denied anything was thrown changed her story-said someone in the Civic had thrown something at the car she was in, and it must have missed and hit the Jeep instead. I had one question for one of the police officers-if someone from the Civic, the car in the middle had thrown anything at the Accord, why did it go backwards and hit the Jeep? I showed him the broken pieces of what hit it-there were some good size pieces of a pink coffee mug on the hood, really small pieces stuck to the windshield, and some were even on the very top of the Jeep. There were also pieces of it in the road on both sides of the Jeep, toward the rear. When the cop confronted her about this-she admitted she threw it, but there was no way it could have hit the Jeep, because she wasn't aiming at it. Well, it did hit the Civic, and bounced off-unbroken-then sailed right into the Jeep. Turns out the Civic she threw it at was HER car, being driven by her 19 year old son, who had been drinking and took off in mom's car and she and her friends were trying to stop him. We think the cops got there so quick was because Mama had already called them before her kid took off. About this time, the lady was beginning to calm down-apologizing and saying she didn't know there was a baby in the car. Well duh-how could she know? We saw no damage to the Jeep so Amy decided not to have a police report filed. We went on our way, and when we were under better light conditions saw a few "dings" in the windshield. We'll look at it in the morning and file a report then if we need to. The lady did say she'd pay for any damages. As for the cup-it was the lady's favorite cup; it had something in it (we suspect it was beer) because where it hit and broke did have something liquid on the windshield. When it was all over with, one of the police officers came up to Amy and I and told us that the chick who got in my face was a missing juvenile they'd been looking for. We were also told that the mother had been drinking-we kind of figured this out for ourselves because you could smell it on her breath-not much but enough to know she had been.
Later we realized it could have been worse-when the cup hit the windshield, Amy jumped out and asked what do you b-word that rhymes with witch think you're doing? (I was angry but refrained from saying what I really wanted to say) LOL, 2 big guys actually got out of the way when she did that. Those people could have thrown a brick or good size rock which could have shattered the windshield, and possibly have kept on going and hit one of us. They could have pulled out a gun and started shooting.
Mom told me she was concerned for her son-he hangs out with the wrong crowd. HMMM-maybe the mother should examine herself to see what kind of example she sets for the kid.
We finally got through with all that and eventually made it to the restaurant. What an eventful evening we had.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lost_case

lost_case

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 PM

Posted 28 November 2007 - 03:42 PM

Nice story. :thumbsup:
People live to learn, and learn to live...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users