Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Popping Up "program Error!" Message

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SRK62

SRK62

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 PM

Posted 27 November 2007 - 09:33 PM

I am using y2k with sp4 and IE6.Suddenly when I try to play my video files using Media player Classic the following message comes up.
Program Error
mplayerc.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows.You will need to restart the program.An error log is being created.'
I was using this player for some time without any trouble.Restarting the same is not helping as it re appears.The same message also appears when I try to run other utilities also like Free Easy Burner.
How can I get rid of this problem?Please help me urgently.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nightspydk

nightspydk

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 28 November 2007 - 01:21 AM

Have you run a virus scan. Do you run anti-virus software. Have you installed any dodgy codecs recently???

One way you might be able to repair your folder structure/file integrety is to run a checkdisk also called a file check on that partition/disk. I cannot quite remember if it's run the same way as on xp, but try right-click drive and then select properties. See if you can find it there. Look for tools, something. Run it on the root drive and reboot when required.
Do not try to scan and recover bad sectors.

It sometimes does a good job of cleaning up.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

Edited by nightspydk, 28 November 2007 - 01:21 AM.

#3 SRK62

SRK62
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2007 - 09:04 PM

Thanks for the help.I tried it and it has partially solved the problem.It still persists with my media player classic as 'mplayerc.exe has generated errors'.
Should I get rid of the program as it is a part of the video codec pack.

#4 nightspydk

nightspydk

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2007 - 09:35 PM

Glad it's somewhat sorted. :huh:

About you media player. This one has it's own build-in codec pack and supports a vide variety of formats.
Including DVD formats.
It's free.
You could try that out -
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
It's my main player.

I think you can leave MP classic be, but if you insist on keeping that as you main player, you might try a uninstall/reinstall.

Hope that's some help. :thumbsup:

#5 SRK62

SRK62
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2007 - 06:55 AM

Hello Sir,
Thank you very much for the help.I completely un installed the mpc and re installed it and the problem is gone!Now that we are on the subject can you help me please on a CD burning problem?
I have very many video files on my computer and I am able to play them easily.But when I burn them to a CD as a data file I am unable to play them in my VCD player!How can I convert the files to make them VCD player compliant?Is there any easy straight forward solution?
Thank you very much

#6 nightspydk

nightspydk

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2007 - 07:57 AM

and hello again to you sir. :huh:

I'm not to knowledgeble on that subject, sorry. But I can try give you a few hints.
Have you got the burn program Nero?
With that it should be pretty straight forward. You Insert a cd in your burner and fire up Nero. Nero will allow you to select between a number of different types of burns. One such category should be called something in the equalence of video/pictures. When you press that, you get the option to burn a Video CD or Super Video CD.
Then you just need to let Nero guide you on your way. When you need, you browse your harddisk and find the file you want Nero to burn. Nero should then start a conversion process, that might take a while, to change the file into a format that's suitable as a vcd-file. Then Nero would be ready for the burn.
You should not burn the files as data, but instead you do like I described.
If if you get an error with Nero, that it can not convert the file, you need another 3rd party piece of software to do the conversion for you. Tmpgenc would be a good choice. Tmpgenc Express is easier manageble. You'll have to figure it out yourself. Google with care, there are so many good sites/guides out there.
One such might be -
http://club.cdfreaks.com/

Hope that could get you started and good luck mate. :thumbsup:

#7 SRK62

SRK62
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2007 - 09:29 PM

:thumbsup:
Good morning and thanks a lot.This problem has been vexing me for long and your advice is the first one that is promising.Let me try it now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users