Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Complete Steps Necessary To Post Log. Help?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 HotRoxy

HotRoxy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 27 November 2007 - 09:09 PM

Hi, I have been trying for the last week to even complete a scan with adaware, spybot, or even one of the online scanners you provide in the the instructions but they are all timing out and not allowing me to complete them and delete/remove the harmful objects. I have tried uninstalling/installing each program several times, and now I seem to have strange spyware programs showing up which I deleted via add/remove programs. I would really like to be able to complete the process in order to post a log and ask one of you kindly for help, but I seem to be at a loss. Any tips?

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bearcatnat

bearcatnat

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 27 November 2007 - 10:18 PM

Have you tried booting into safe mode before running these programs? Start your computer, then press F8 BEFORE Windows loads (usually about 5-10 seconds after turning computer on.) Use the arrow keys to scroll up to Safe Mode. Choose your version of Windows on the next screen, if necessary.

The colors will be all funky and everything on screen will be very large, as a stripped down display driver is loaded in Safe Mode, as well as preventing most viruses from loading into memory. It should allow you to run Ad-Aware, Spybot, and virus scanners, though!

Hope this helps!

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 27 November 2007 - 10:41 PM

If you can't perform a step, then skip and continue with the next.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users