Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Downloaded Upgrade To Ie 7.0 On Xp, Now Won't Signon

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lesley52

Lesley52

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 27 November 2007 - 06:55 PM

:thumbsup: I allowed an automatic upgrade on my toshiba laptop. I signon using a d-link wireless card. My IP is comcast. I had no trouble signing on before the automatic upgrade to Internet Explorer 7.0. Now I cannot get signed on. The other computers in the house that use wireless are not having this problem. I can sign on to a "favorite" saved site like the yahoo sign on page, but if I enter my sign on, again times out. What is wrong here? Do I need to post a hijack this post for this type of problem? Thanks for any suggestions. Lesley :flowers:

Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,857 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2007 - 07:00 PM

Not sure what you mean...but are you saying that you cannot connect to your ISP now? You cannot get on the Internet?

Did you contact your ISP to see if there was problem on their end...or to ask for assistance in verifying your settings?

Louis

#3 Lesley52

Lesley52
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2007 - 07:04 PM

Yes, I cannot sign on to my IP. I did call them, but because my husband and son can connect with their computer, it must be my cojmputer's problem.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,857 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2007 - 07:09 PM

OK :thumbsup:.

Well, assuming that all of you use the wireless connection...would it not be simple to just check the settings on the working systems (or one of them) and compare them to the settings on your system...and change whatever is different on your system?

That's after first verifying that your wireless connection is working properly (checking in Device Manager), to eliminate obvious hardware considerations.

I don't have any wireless connections so somebody with more experience in that area will have to be more definite in approach than I could ever be, sorry.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users