Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Update2.outerinfo.com And Other Infections

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ehlersmt

ehlersmt

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 27 November 2007 - 06:52 PM

I keep getting a notification from Zone Alarm Pro that an application is trying to access the internet. Thing is, there is no application name listed. It's just blank. Occassionally I get a red security alert from ZA that says the application is trying to access dwwin.exe. On one of the lesser security alerts, I accidently hit allow and I was immediately informed that Spy Site Blocking blocked access to update2.outerinfo.com. I also found a shortcut on my desktop to http://ad.outerinfoads.com/reficonn?bid=19...mp;fid=99001552.

Additionally, when I run webroot system analyzer (which bestbuy put on my computer) it locates:

Adware - (2)

purityscan
internet speed monitor

Adware Cookies - (4)

tribalfusion cookie
go.com cookie
adlegend cookie
tacoda cookie

I have researched and run several other cleansing programs but every time I run the Webroot program, the same instances show up. I've also run a HiJackThis log, but I'm not sure if it's appropriate to attach it yet. I've also seen the other thread on this same program/site (update2.outerinfo.com) but I wasn't sure if I should follow those steps or if I need specific instructions.

I would appreciate any help possible in cleaning up my machine.

Edited by ehlersmt, 27 November 2007 - 09:43 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,318 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 27 November 2007 - 07:53 PM

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/How-to-remo...IN-t134763.html
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 ehlersmt

ehlersmt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 27 November 2007 - 09:38 PM

Thanks for information. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to download the Outerinfo uninstaller. I got an error message that my Security Setting don't allow me to download this file.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,758 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 27 November 2007 - 10:36 PM

Make sure your downloading the file while logged into the "Administrator Account" or an "account with administrator privileges".

In the menu at the top of Internet Exlporer go to "Tools" > "Internet Options" > "Security" tab, click "Internet Zone", then click the "Custom level" button. Look under "Downloads" and check to see if "File Download" is Enabled? If not, enable it and click the "OK" button.

Depending on your browser security settings, you may receive an alert under the top menu Information Bar that says "To help protect your security, Internet Explorer blocked this site from downloading files to your computer. Click here for options..." Click on that alert and choose "Download File". The File Download dialog box will appear asking "Do you want to open or save this file?" Enter you choice.

There are a few more suggestions in these links: Download(ing) Files Troubleshooting
Downloading Files FAQs.

You can always download the Outerinfo uninstaller from another computer (family member, friend, etc) and save it to a USB stick or CD. Then you can transfer it directly to your computer where you can run the program.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users