Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Click In Pc When ?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Skeeterman

Skeeterman

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 27 November 2007 - 04:43 PM

Ok, here is something I'm concerned about. The PC works just fine, but, when I log on to Outlook Express 6, I get a "click" sound in the computer, and it's rather loud. I don't get this clicking sound when I log on to Microsoft Internet Explorer. It's coming at the bottom area...I think! There's seems to be no problem with the workings of the computer, just the fact this clicking sound started about three weeks ago.

Any ideas where, why, and how it can be cured?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CTH_Tom

CTH_Tom

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2007 - 05:36 PM

Do you have a sound scheme applied to OE when you have e-mail or e-mail notification?
Could be a corrupted sound file.
X

#3 Skeeterman

Skeeterman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2007 - 05:53 PM

I do have a sound (bell sound)when I received email, but, it comes from the speakers( which are behind the monitor), which are some three feet distance from the computer.

My computer is HP Pavilion 775E. I did a complete reinstall (recovery) two weeks ago, and about a week ago the clicking sound returned.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 27 November 2007 - 06:02 PM

You might take the side of your case off and see if you can pinpoint the noise any better.
A clicking sound could be a hard drive
A grinding sound could be a fan
A wire could be touching a fan blade, but that would be consistent
a beep could be your motherboard BIOS beep code signal
A "pop" could be an arching, shorted capacitor
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 Skeeterman

Skeeterman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2007 - 06:56 PM

Mark, if you take your thumb and middle finger and snap the two, this would be the sound(click)type I'm hearing from the PC. It's strange on what it's doing, but, it doesn't seem to effect the PC performance.

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 27 November 2007 - 07:50 PM

I would look at your hard drive for the mfg's name, then go to their support site and download their diagnostic tool and run it to check the condition of the hard drive
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users