Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Good Grief

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 imaginethat

imaginethat

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 27 November 2007 - 03:35 PM

Hello
I have just got this new laptop and am a late beginner, so will probably need some help from time to time. I am almost looking forward to encountering the many and various problems which I will most likely create for myself (or so my expert friend tells me!)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 AM

Posted 27 November 2007 - 03:47 PM

Hi and Welcome to Bleeping Computer imaginethat
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 mommabear

mommabear

• Members
  • 492 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 27 November 2007 - 04:12 PM

Hello
I have just got this new laptop and am a late beginner, so will probably need some help from time to time. I am almost looking forward to encountering the many and various problems which I will most likely create for myself (or so my expert friend tells me!)

New to computers or just the laptop? (I'd kill for a laptop, btw.) But if you meant you also just got your first computer, take heart. This old dog was in her mid-50's before she got her first computer. Seven years later I'm now, for better or worse, the family guru. I don't know how to create my own web page. I can barely write a letter in Word. I'm more into the nuts and bolts end of it. When they mess up they call me to reinstall the OS...or upgrade their memory, or change out their cdroms, etc.

Anyhow, welcome to the forum and be fearless! It really is hard to "break" anything. You might mess things up pretty good, but it's all fun in the end.

#4 imaginethat

imaginethat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 27 November 2007 - 04:33 PM

Cheers Boopme! thanks for the welcome

Hi Mommabear
Also in mid fifties.....fifties rock! new to laptop, but very bog standard or even less with pcs! I wouldn't even know a nut from a bolt! Thanks for the welcome
Cheers

imaginethat (the name was picked because every time I did something right or even wrong, my mate would always say "imagine that!")

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 AM

Posted 28 November 2007 - 11:51 AM

Welcome to this friendly user community!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users