Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

still needing help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_screwworm_*

Guest_screwworm_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 21 February 2005 - 02:56 AM

Noone has offered any advise on the question I posed below. Was it something I said?

Anyway, my present problem is that everytime I try to use a pay site , I click on the pay button to pay by credit card and then get message, "the page cannot be displayed". What do I need to do to fix this.

OK, I'll beg, if it helps get right advice.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2005 - 01:15 PM

No begging allowed ok? :thumbsup:

I'm assuming that you are using Internet Explorer. Go to the Help menu and click About Internet Explorer. What does it say about cipher strength? It would need to be 128 bit. If its not, you need to go to Windows update and update your IE.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 Guest_screwworm_*

Guest_screwworm_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 21 February 2005 - 03:24 PM

I can see that you haven't read my prior posts about foulded up IE. One of many things I did in attempt to fix that problem involved seeking updates to IE. Always got message that "IE is up to date, Do not need to upgrade at this time".

Now what? thanks for try.

#4 xtraloud

xtraloud

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 29 April 2005 - 07:43 AM

Maybe the problem is in a server in the "path" ?

Have you done a ping test ?

Ooops, so sorry, I meant a tracer.

Try these :

tracer

another trace proggy

xtra

Edited by xtraloud, 29 April 2005 - 07:59 PM.

Those who wander
are not always lost

#5 Crusty

Crusty

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2005 - 01:40 PM

If you've altered or installed any security program that alters Internet Zone security setting you'll recieve this warning.
Add the site to your trusted sites and make sure your trusted site settings are set to default then refresh the page.
If you've altered or installed any firewall such as NIS that will over-ride IE security Zone settings then learn how to use it to allow scripts, cookies, referer etc. on trusted site.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users