Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Up-ftp On Verizon Dsl

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 LionsMike

LionsMike

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 27 November 2007 - 01:01 PM

I am in the process of changing from Comcast Cable to Verizon DSL (at less than 1/3 the price). I found one glitch. I was not able to upload HTML files to a web server via any FTP programs. Durring one of the reconfigurations I wound up loosing my Internet connection and started from one computer conected directly to to the Westell 6100 DSL Modem, and found that I was able to upoload files. When I put the router (USR 5461) back in I was not able to.

After many many hours on telephone and chats and dozens of E-mails, I found a simple solution. The techs were all baffeled, but a geek at Geek Squad had a probable solution. Her solution seemed absurd but I was willing to try.

I pulled out my US Robotics 5461 router, and put in my dusty old Linksys BEFSR41 router. IT WORKED. Everything is now working.

For some reason (which is not clear) Verizon DSL tends to be happy with Linksys routers.

I hope this posting can save someone the time that I spent on the problem

Old Fart with history in Vacume Tube computers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users