Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Incoming And Out Going Mail

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mocca

mocca

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 27 November 2007 - 01:00 PM

Hello, guys how are you doing?

i am trying to send e-mails using the Outlook express but it gives me the following Errors and the error message says-

" The host 'http' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'http', Server: 'http', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D"

(Moderator edit: topic moved to more appropriate forum. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 27 November 2007 - 01:06 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2007 - 01:07 PM

Is this an old, establish account that has worked in the past, or is it a new OE account you have just set up?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 27 November 2007 - 05:09 PM

Error Number: 0x800CCC0D:

One of the email server names in your account settings is incorrect.
Check your settings; make sure the server names are entered and spelled correctly.
(. instead of , which is a common mistake)

To verify your settings: Open OE

When Outlook Express has opened, select Tools from the top menu, and then Accounts... from the drop down list.

When the Internet Accounts window appears, select the Mail tab from the top list. You may have several accounts listed - select the one that represents your account, and click the Properties button.

Select the Servers tab from the list at the top. In the Server Information section, make sure that it says My incoming mail server is a POP3 server. Incoming and outgoing settings should be what your ISP provides.

#4 mocca

mocca
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2007 - 02:35 AM

Thank you very much Queen-Evie

then problem was due to the settings for the incoming and outgoing mails from the ISP's provider.

thanks guys :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users