Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ndr For Users Who Don't Exist Anymore

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Treikayan

Treikayan

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 27 November 2007 - 12:41 PM

Hello,

I am having a problem with delay/NDR messages being delivered in regards to an "imaginary user" existing on our system (who I'll call imaginaryuser@domain.net). By imaginary I mean that the user was deleted from Active Directory a month ago.

Here is what happening:

When person A creates a Meeting Appointment in Outlook 2003, using distro@domain.net for the scheduled contact, an NDR gets sent back to User A saying the imaginaryuser@domain.net didn't receive the appointment. I should say that first User A gets a "delay" message for imaginaryuser@domain.net. imaginaryuser@domain.net does not exist in this distro (never did).

Distro@domain.net is just an ordinary distribution list (global) of users.

Here's the kicker though:

When User A sends a regular e-mail message to distro@domain.net, there are no delayed repsonses or NDRs returned for imaginaryuser@domain.net. Why is it that only when User A creates a Meeting appointment that he/she recieves a "delay" or NDR?
Procrastinate Now!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Treikayan

Treikayan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2007 - 12:43 PM

The topic should be "NDR for users who don't exist anymore," not "exit."
Procrastinate Now!!!

#3 Treikayan

Treikayan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2007 - 02:00 PM

I found the solution to this.

There was a client who had a server-side rule to forward all meeting appointments to this user. It was a tedious task of sending to every individual on the distrubution list. When I discovered who it was, I went to the offending user and ran "outlook /cleanrules" at the run prompt. It worked.

:thumbsup:
Procrastinate Now!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users