Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

U3 Flash Drive

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gnana1311

gnana1311

• Banned
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 27 November 2007 - 12:35 PM

recently i read a article on U3 enabled flash drives. It said U3 allows the user to run an application, that is stored in the flash drive ,to run in a pc without installing the application in the pc.how does this U3 work.please explain in simple terms.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 AM

Posted 28 November 2007 - 01:37 PM

Take a look at this article, U3 - 'Official' Portable USB Apps Platform by Scott Clark, Consumer Technology Editor. Its written a lot better and with illustrations that I wouldn't be able to duplicate.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 gnana1311

gnana1311
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 16 December 2007 - 02:01 AM

thanks man for replying . Now after reading that article i still have the following questions unanswered. 1)how the partition in the u3 flash drive help in running applications without installation in the pc? 2)what exactly happens while an application is being installed in a pc? Buddy please answer, as i have no sources to know about these computer stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users