Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Oem Preinstalation

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CdoubleU

CdoubleU

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 PM

Posted 27 November 2007 - 12:07 PM

When i turn on my laptop within around 5 mins a screen comes up saying preinstalling please wait and it wont let me do anything else, i can only log off or shut down but if theres another screen infront of it i can still use the laptop provided i make sure not to click that window, i then noticed another window saying system preperation tool and if i dont allow it to take place it shuts off the computer. If i allow the tool it restarts the laptop and then goes through the language and time settings and makes me set up a new user. Any ideas how i can stop this happening? I only got the laptop yesterday! Also the drivers for the camera etc wont work because its only for windows XP i think? Would that make a difference? Thanks!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OmegaWolf747

OmegaWolf747

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 27 November 2007 - 12:19 PM

Boot up in Safe Mode and check what's loaded in your Services by right clicking the My Computer icon and clicking Properties then the Services tab. Eliminate anything that seems suspicious.

What is this Internet you speak of?

#3 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 PM

Posted 27 November 2007 - 12:43 PM

Before just guessing at 'suspicious services'... this is a brand new machine! Take it back to the company you bought it from or get their support help.

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#4 ^MavericK!

^MavericK!

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 30 November 2007 - 05:52 AM

I would go to msconfig (Start>Type "msconfig" in start search>Go to the Startup tab and look at the items checked in the list. To stop them just uncheck them) to see what the startup tab has and check them if they are needed, this will make you LP boot faster. Don't know what laptop you are talking about, but once I got a LP that every time it started it wanted to install a utility, manufacturer utility. Even if you went trough the process of instaling it, next boot you will have it again. We went to Task Scheduler, and there it was a task schedule to do this every boot, we delete it and issue resolved.

It's a long shot, but you never know.

MSConfig

Windows Vista Task Scheduler

Hope it helps...

Mav

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users