Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virprotect

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 FadielM

FadielM

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 PM

Posted 27 November 2007 - 11:13 AM

hi all,

i would love to know if you could assist me with some instructions to get rid of the icon in the taskbar that displays my laptop is infected - bla bla bla
i have followed some of the steps earlier and managed to remove the IE toolbar and Adware quarantined plenty files.

i just have that icon in the taskbar, not sure what process it is linked too and how to REMOVE it....

any assistance greatly appreciated.

thanks.
Fadiel

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FadielM

FadielM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2007 - 11:26 AM

hi there,

i am working on removing this narsty little thingy from my laptop, according to all the reading i was subjected to on BC, smitfraudfix is a removal tool. i tried numerous times from various computers, but still unable to access the website...

can someone assist with alternate link or direct link to the download. i would love to get rid of this piece of malware/virus

thanks
Fadiel

#3 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 AM

Posted 27 November 2007 - 02:16 PM

FadielM,

I have merged your topic, Missing Smitfraudfix with this topic, because they are about the same problem.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#4 FadielM

FadielM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2007 - 12:23 AM

Thanks....
hope that helps to get this bug from my machine

#5 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 AM

Posted 28 November 2007 - 02:50 PM

I have split your Hijackthis log and it is posted Here. You shouldn't make any changes to your system, while your HJT log is posted, as that could change the results of the posted log, making it difficult to properly clean your system.

I'm closing this topic until you are cleared by the HJT Team.
If, after your log has been cleaned, you still need help, please PM a Moderator and we will re-open this topic. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to send me a PM.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users