Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

This Is Driving Me Crazy!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 monty05

monty05

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 27 November 2007 - 08:27 AM

Hello everyone, i'm new to this site and to fixing computer problems. i'm trying to install windows media player 11 but every time i'm in the middle of the installation process a pop-up comes and says something like 'framedyn.dll was not found. installation could not be complete.' but i have downloaded and installed framedyn.dll after that pop-up but it still keeps happening, like my computer is not reading it or something. i want to uninstall windows media player 11 and try installing it again but im worried it will mess something up in my computer since the computer needs it, so what should i do? please help me its really frustrating me. :thumbsup:

monty05

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wildchild2

wildchild2

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 27 November 2007 - 08:38 AM

If you uninstall MP11 it will just revert to the previous edition you had.
Posted Image

Custom Desktop,Intel Core2 Duo, GeForce 8400 Graphics,Vista Home, 2Gb ram, 160Gb & 250Gb Sata HDDs, Triple Monitors, Belkin keyboard and mouse, Avast Free, Compaq Laptop, Firefox browser, Thunderbird email, HP C5380 All-in-one Printer,Speedtouch Modem,Netgear Router, ADSL Broadband, Fuji Digital Camera.

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 27 November 2007 - 10:57 AM

The problem is usually caused by a bad path. Please read the following Microsoft Knowledge base article:
"Application Has Failed to Start Because Framedyn.dll Was Not Found" Error Message When You Open the System Properties Dialog Box

What happened when you followed the directions?
Give as much detail as you can.

I would try the Microsoft fix first, but if that doesn't work, here's a couple of other links I found, offering different fixes:
SpyBot problem -> framedyn.dll was not found
Getting An "Framedyn.dll" Error. What Is This?
framedyn.dll not found, loads anyway
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 monty05

monty05
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 01 December 2007 - 09:15 AM

hey sorry for taking so long to reply...i had already tried what you suggested (ive tried everything, lol), but it still didnt work. the file framedyn.dll would show in my computer as being downloaded or installed, but when i tied to install windows media player 11, the same pop up showed up. so then i tried installing media player 10, and something different poped up saying 'an internal application error as occured', so im guessing its the same thing (but i dont know anything about computers). i uninstalled media player 11 and re-installed it, i think it helped a little because now the framedyn.dll pop up doesn't appear anymore, but something else does saying 'an unexpected error has occurred. setup was not able to detect any windows media updates.please try again later.' i dont know what to do.

#5 wildchild2

wildchild2

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 04 December 2007 - 06:52 AM

You might want to try repairing system files.
Go to the run box, type in- sfc /scannow - (note the space) and let it run.
Depending on if you have a recovery partition on your computer you may be asked to insert the installation cd.
Posted Image

Custom Desktop,Intel Core2 Duo, GeForce 8400 Graphics,Vista Home, 2Gb ram, 160Gb & 250Gb Sata HDDs, Triple Monitors, Belkin keyboard and mouse, Avast Free, Compaq Laptop, Firefox browser, Thunderbird email, HP C5380 All-in-one Printer,Speedtouch Modem,Netgear Router, ADSL Broadband, Fuji Digital Camera.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users