Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Call Of Duty 2 Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DemonicReaper

DemonicReaper

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 27 November 2007 - 01:23 AM

I recently uninstalled my call of duty 2, but when i inserted the disk to reinstall there is no option to install, just the option to uninstall. I have already uninstalled and i ahve checked the directory to which the files would be installed in and they are deleted. So i have no idea why it thinks it is still on my computer and needs to be uninstalled. I have used registry programs like regisrty booster and Registry mechanic. I have alos used several spyware, virus, malware, ad-ware programs. Here is the list kapersky, avg antispyware, superantispyware, noAdware, spybot search and destroy, Spyhunter, and Ad-aware. so any help would be greatly appreciated

Here is a pic. very verification http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/7373/70275515rj8.jpg.

Edited by DemonicReaper, 27 November 2007 - 01:24 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DemonicReaper

DemonicReaper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 27 November 2007 - 06:06 PM

*PROBLEM SOLVED

i had to delete everyhting that was in cod2 section of the regedit.exe.

for those with same problem regedit.exe is located in C:/WINDOWS, find the registry for cod2 usually C:/Program Files/Activision/Call of Duty 2. Deleting files in regedit.exe should also work for other applications with similiar problems.

Edited by DemonicReaper, 27 November 2007 - 06:11 PM.

#3 jkilmnop

jkilmnop

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 30 November 2007 - 12:31 AM

That is one way of fixing the problem...another would be to make sure the program is no longer installed on the computer in the control panel.
Jeffrey Toro

Life is like taking a ride on the road. You really can't stop in the middle of it to check a map, doing so might cause you to take unnecessary risks. Just keep up with what's going on around you and have fun in life.

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 30 November 2007 - 12:23 PM

Thanks for posting back with the solution; this adds to the common stock of knowledge here at BC and may help a Member with a similar game problem. I would only caution our Members to be very cautious about deleting registry files, always being sure to back them up first.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users